Sunday, June 17, 2012

Once Upon A Time. . .

Ever since I was a little girl I have been in love with Golden Retrievers. When I met, fell in love with and then agreed to marry my husband, he agreed to love, cherish and provide me with a
"floppy yellow puppy."

Thirteen years and thirty days later. . .

This handsome boy is named Jack.



This lovely lady is named Daisy.



They fell in love and had eight puppies.

On June 14 we drove to WV and got to meet their sweet girl. 

We also named her Daisy. It was the name that I had picked out years ago.



She is so sweet and cuddly and perfect!



 She is is the floppy yellow puppy I have always wanted!



We brought her back to my mom's house for the night.
Here she is just before we put her to bed. She got all tuckered out and fell asleep in the grass.


The next morning we packed up and drove to the farm.
I wasn't too worried about introducing her to Daphne, but I kept a close eye on them for a while.


We had some bone chewing. . .



Quite a lot of butt sniffing. . .



Some water drinking. . .



Some rope playin'. . .



And finally some. . . nursing?!?!?!



I think they are going to get along just fine!

Two days later, we are settling in fine and Farm Boy has finally
 checked off the last box on the prenup.

Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment