Friday, March 16, 2012

Farm chores and a walk. . .

One of the down sides to working night shift is that I seem to miss all of the exciting stuff that happens around here. Turns out there was a country car crash this weekend that I slept through. You can read all about it on Farm Boy's blog post here. At least I was awake for the photo op! Seeing as how Farm Boy was a professional landscaper in his previous life he has been spending most of his time in our great outdoors cleaning up after the winter, collecting debris, trimming bushes and giving some TLC to our trees in the yard.  Our first farm purchases have been focused on these chores. . .shovels, rakes, wheel barrow, weed eater and chain saw.



Farm Boy came home from work and set out to work on the tree that had fallen behind the cattle barn and asked if I wanted to grab the camera and follow along.




I jumped at the chance and was rewarded with some views of the farm that I had not seen before.




After watching him for a bit I set off to capture some of the beauty of this place
 that we now call home.




This is the pond up by the cattle barn. You can't take a step near it without sending frogs plopping indignantly into the water.




As I headed down the hill I was passed by Farm Boy off to get some fuel for his new toy.




Then I was passed by the kitties who follow us around like puppies. 




By the time I wandered down to the driveway the peacefulness was broken by a rumble. . .




Our off-roading vehicle is getting a new life as a farm hand!




While Farm Boy headed back to his chores, I found myself in the front yard again. . .

This tree  is absolutely breathtaking! It is visible from my kitchen windows and I sometimes get distracted and find myself just standing there staring at it.




I have loved seeing what little surprises are going to come up each day. This farm is new to us, but there have been families living on this site for many years, each planting a bulb or two
 here and there.

The daffodils were the first to raise their heads.




And then there were theses lovely little hyacinths. . .




I can't wait to see what shows up next!



Thanks for joining me on my walk.
Love, 
Buttercup



No comments:

Post a Comment