Friday, May 11, 2012

Our table. . .



Welcome to our dining room! 

It is the first room to be called finished in our house.

We didn't really do anything much. The paint color was already here, and I have always loved yellow in the kitchen.

After a marathon trip to NC a few weeks ago it is now fully furnished!


The china cabinet was made by my mom's cousin's father. . .try saying that five times.
I believe it was made back in the late 40's or early 50's. His craftsmanship is amazing!
We are so grateful to be stewards of these furniture pieces!


This drop leaf table was also made by him. My Great Aunt Eva served up many a meal made with her loving hands onto this table. She was a woman whom I can only aspire to be. . .

caring, giving, serving, selfless. . .


I love having her memories tucked away inside the corners of my house.

We hope to welcome many to our own table in our forever home!

Visitors welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment