Friday, October 14, 2011

Go Fly A Kite. . .

We woke up this morning to an unusual day in this household. Morgan didn't have to do school today, I didn't have to work until tonight & Farmboy also had the day off. As is happened Morgan had gotten a kite this week and prayed last night for a windy day. . .God answer's prayers! It was W.I.N.D.Y.

We had a lazy morning and then found ourselves driving through some back roads in search of an orchard that we found out does not exist. We decided to make a stop at the farm to try and fly Morgan's kite, and joy upon joy, I actually had the camera with me. I finally captured a picture from my favorite spot on the farm (and if it is the same spot I think. . .I am pretty sure my dad declared he wanted to be buried there. . .). This is the view from the towering oak tree standing by itself on the hill.



The wind was so perfect that all we had to do is unwrap the kite and it was in the air.

           

I then got to enjoy exploring the farm and taking pictures of my precious son. . .



and my Farmboy. . .




F.Y.I. . .the above picture is not posed. . .he is just cool like that. . .and he is mine.

My sweet girl was beyond excited to have a kite in the air. I don't know what it is about kites, but she has always romanticized the notion. I do believe it lived up to her expectations!



I was drawn again to the coolness. . .




I finally convinced the girl to give up the kite so I could snap a few shots of the kids enjoying their great outdoors.

           

           


My subjects then decided that they had better things to do, so I set off an a walk. There has been a running joke between Farmboy and I about the ponds on our farm. We saw the main pond when we looked at the house for the first time in January. In August (after we had owned the farm for 4 months) we were walking up to the old cattle barn and discovered another pond. We knew that there was a third pond, but neither of us had seen it until last week when Farmboy came home and told me that he had found it. When I asked him where it was he informed me that I must find it for myself. . .

Found it!!!!



After I went back and bragged about how observant I was to find a small body of water shimmering in a field I was overcome by the hay bales and decided to try my hand at artistry. . .

                   





This unexpected day ended up being more beautiful than I could have imagined and made even better surrounded my loves. . .

                 

1 comment:

  1. I really am amazed at the coolness of that man. I was enjoying the post...then read the part about the pond...<<<peers at you with extreme envy at the thought of your farm being so awesome that even the ponds are hard to find.

    I miss you guys - now if that cool Farmboy would post more - I could feel like I am part of your lives again! At least there are two blogs to follow now.

    ReplyDelete