Monday, October 31, 2011

Cleopatra, The Crocodile and The Kitties


This weekend was Trunk or Treat at my work. . . my kids were really looking forward to it. . . 
I. . .[yawn]. . . was. . . [stretch]. . . happy. . .[rubbing my sand paper eyes]. . . 
to get up after working all night and get them dressed and head out.



Introducing. . .Cleopatra and the Nile Crocodile. . .



Cleopatra


I used to be a crafty mommy and make Morgan's costumes, 
but one year Andrew was just 3 weeks old. . .
didn't make one. . .
the next year I was still exhausted. . .
didn't make one. . .
the next I had just moved approximately 3,000 miles. . .
didn't make one. . . 
this year my sewing machine is still in storage. . .
didn't make one either. . .

Ohhhhh, the cuteness! It kills me!

To further my self-imposed guilt for not being a super mom. . .this is Andrew's costume from last year. . .He found it at Grandma's. He loved it again. It still fit. . . .bad mom. Bad mom. BAD mom! There I have chastised myself and I am over it. . .to be fair, though, he called himself a dinosaur last year. This year he called himself a crocodile. . .so in his mind it is a different costume, right? Right?

She loves the cape :)




Now to introduce. . . . Dexter. 


This little guy showed up in our neighborhood a few weeks ago. No home has yet been found for him, so if he is still around in January he will officially become a barn cat. . .I named him Dexter, because, well, he looks like a Dexter. 






Watch out, Dex!

 You have a crocodile on your tail!















Where there is Dexter, there is. . .



Dipstick. . .this is Dexter's brother, and the kitty that sealed the deal. He is the friendliest cat you ever met. When he sees a people, he turns his purr on and climbs into your lap. 









My hubby named him Dipstick because he is all black except for a tiny white tip on his tail. . . .



So we have another barn cat. . .a black cat. . .just in time for Halloween!





Now that we  have the introductions out of the way, we can head off to Trunk or Treat!


My boys surveying their kingdom. . .






They scored plenty of goodies!!!





And went home very happy. . .




Although, I think they might have gotten bit by something along the way. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment