Friday, December 2, 2011

The Disappearing Pie. . .

I have a thing for lemons. . . Some (my mom) may call it a fettish. . .whatever it is,
 I love any dessert that is lemony. . .

This pie is ridiculously easy and many of you have probably made some version of it. I had to come up with another pie for Thanksgiving and I was looking for something non-traditional. . .
Something. . . shall we say. . . lemony?

This met my needs in a big way and was a big hit after the stuffing of the turkeys family at Thanksgiving. . .as a matter of fact as we left WV to drive back home I have a memory of my brother-in-law sitting at the table scraping the last of the lemony goodness out of the pan. . .

Here are the ingredients. . .yes, you can make your own crust.
No, I did not.

1 gram-cracker pie crust
1 8oz block softened cream cheese
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
cherry (or any other) pie filling for topping



Whip the room temperature cream cheese until light a fluffy. . .
 whip it. . .whip it good. . .whip it real good. . .

Slowly pour in 1 can sweetened condensed milk. . .whip it. . .

Squeeze 1/ 3cup lemon juice. . .do not use the vile bottled stuff. . .
I repeat: DO NOT USE THE VILE BOTTLED STUFF!!!
It is not lemony. . . It is not good. . .

Also, if you do not have one of these lovely gadgets you really need one. Ask for one for Christmas. Not the plastic version, you want the metal version. . .here is a link. . .It will change the way you view squeezing your own lemons.

Add the lemon juice and 1 tsp Vanilla to the filling. . . whip it. . .

Pour the filling into your crust.

Refrigerate for at least two hours.

Beat your children away with a wooden spoon. . . Feel guilty, then let them lick the scraper. . .



Who could resist that face?



After several hours of torture. . .suffer no more!!!

Lemony-creamcheesy-goodness. . . whipped.



No comments:

Post a Comment