Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old School Christmas. . .

Due to our living in limbo circumstances this year I found myself in a Christmas decorating quandary. . .

I am not about to drag all of the decorations out of the Great Pile at the farm, but I realize that my kids need a Christmas. I can't be a complete Scrooge!

In a moment of inspiration I decided that I would grab the 4ft pre-lit tree and then let my kids make all of the decorations this year.

The first thing we are starting with is salt dough ornaments.




You will need:

1 Cup Salt
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Lukewarm Water













Knead for 10 minutes.










The end result should feel exactly like playdough.






I then hit up the playdough box and found a collection of shapes and old cookie cutters.





The kidos rolled out their dough. . .





Cut out some shapes. . .





Good job, Buddy!




Make a hole in the top BEFORE baking. . .





The girl went for a cute tree. . .





Place them on cookie sheets and then it's into the oven. . .

200 degrees for 4-6 hours




Do to the long baking time I'll be back tomorrow for the decorating. . .See ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment